T-Mobile Sing-along Trafalgar Square

Sunday 8 March 2009

Have u ever tried Thai food

Because now I am starving so I would like to talk about "food". I am sure that some of you might try Thai food before but many of my classmates never eat it. Actually, I wanna take all my friends to Thai restaurant but it’s very difficult so I’ll use this blog to promote Thai food to everyone.

Not only Thailand is a great place to visit but also Thai food is very popular in Asia, America or Europe. Thailand consists of 4 regions (North, Central, South and Northeast) which have difference in lifestyles, cultures, traditions, values, Thai accents and including difference in Food. Each of regions has their own style of food and taste because the using their local ingredients but all of them are really good!!!

I can say that Thai foods are very good for health. We usually put some herbs which can provide many benefit for health such as Lemon Grass: "Ta-khrai" in Thai .Therapeutic properties are as a diuretic, emmanagogue, antiflatulence, anti flu and antimicrobial agent.
if you wanna see more detail ,visit here

Not long ago, the Office of the National Culture Commission announced the top ten Thai dishes best liked by foreigners. They did questionnaire survey 1000 Thai restaurant around the world and here is the result.

1. Tom Yam Kung (spicy shrimp soup) 99%

2. Kaeng Khiao Wan Kai (green chicken curry) 85%

3. Phat Thai (fried noodles of Thai style) 70%

4. Phat Kaphrao (meat fried with sweet basils) 52%

5. Kaeng Phet Pet Yang (roast duck curry) 50%

6. Tom Kha Kai (chicken in coconut soup) 47%

7. Yam Nua (spicy beef salad) 45%

8.Satay (roast pork , chicken coated or beef with turmeric) 43%

9. Kai Phat Met Mamuang Himmaphan (chicken fried with cashew nuts) 42%

10. Phanaeng (meat in coconut cream) 39%


I also have the name list of Thai restaurant that open in Leeds. Just think that some of you might wanna try Thai food so you can visit...

Thai Edge

7 Calverley Street, Leeds, LS1 1UR
Thai Cottage

39 Great George Street, Leeds, LS1 3BB
Cafe Thai
China Town Shopping Mall, Templar Lane, Leeds, LS2 7LN
Thai Khonkaen Restaurant
8a /10a Market Street Arcade, Leeds, LS1 6DH
Maitai Thai Restaurant
159 Briggate, Leeds, LS1 6LY
Chaophraya
20a Blayds Court, Swinegate, Leeds, LS1 4AG
Sala Thai Restaurant
13-17 Shaw Lane, LEEDS, LS6 4DH
Jino's Thai Cafe

46a Otley Road, LEEDS, LS6 2AL
Sukhothai Headingley
4 St.Annes Road, LEEDS, LS6 3NX
Thai Lotus
300 Harrogate Road, Leeds, LS17 6LY
Thai Erawan Restaurant
629 Roundhay Road, Leeds, LS8 4AR
Baan Thai Restaurant
51 Commercial Street, LEEDS, LS27 8AG
(Source: http://www.touchlocal.com/nat/c-1654-t-14355-Thai+Restaurants-Leeds)

Hope you enjoy Thai food and next post , I'll show how to cook Thai food. See u again.


Bookmark and Share

18 comments:

  1. oh i LOVE thai food > < i miss your green curry too....i never make as good as yours...show me more thai receipt next time :)

    also i want to go to Jino thai restaurant again too .... i feel hungry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. laura610 - http://laura610.prblogs.org/:

    I like the fact that Lemon Grass is "Ta-khrai" in Thai. To my mind, it's always very interesting to learn how things are called somewhere else. Sometimes the words sound so different but in the end they've got the same meaning. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://kneha.wordpress.com

    I have been to Thailand twice and I just love that place and even the Thai food...specially Tom Yum and Basil dishes..

    My experience in Thailand was just amazing...and even after coming to Leeds I try and eat Thai food often..I have tried Jino's cafe and even Sukothai resturant

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love thai food. It's very best taste.
    How about thai dessert.
    Share me in the next time.

    Interested blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^0 ^

    I love Tom Yam Kung.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YammY YammY ka!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thai Food is very yummy spicy.

    I loVe Tom Yam Kung

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I have ever tried that but you made me want to go out and do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been to Chaophraya here in Leeds and I LOVE IT!!! We have to go together sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If u have a chance to try, u will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wanna try Thai food in U.K. Is the taste different?

    ReplyDelete
  12. wanna eat liver in a hot plate

    let's go darlinggggg

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really love Thai food thanks for your information it makes me starving

    ReplyDelete
  14. Li Peh it's very beautiful if I have a time I will go visit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like thai food.

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone
please leave some comment so i can know what your guys think..

Just choose >> comment as : "Anonymous"

Thank you!!