T-Mobile Sing-along Trafalgar Square

Tuesday 24 February 2009

Floating Market




I am sure that everyone love their own country and so do I.In my country,Thailand there are so many gorgeous places which I wanna share with you.
The first one is Floating Market, It is a market where you can get some foods,fruits including Thai dessert like every fresh market but the different thing is that this market is located along the canal and all merchants are selling their stuff by small boat.

This place is a ‘must-see’ destination and probably visited by nine out of every ten tourists who visit Thailand. Every morning, hundreds of boats crowd the market area. Most of them are paddled by women with picturesque straw hats. Visitors can find everything from vegetables and fruits to freshly-cooked noodle and souvenirs at this lively market.

Tip for trip
The best way of appreciating the floating market is to join it, to take a boat ride through the vendors to savour the smells and sounds as well as the sights. A little effort spent in getting away from the popular haunt and exploring along back canals is rewarded by other scenes of a traditional way of life that has scarcely changed over the years.

See more my favourite place in next post.....


Bookmark and Share

11 comments:

  1. Wow, I felt like going there now. What a interesting way of shopping, I would love to visit the floating market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really really want to go there to enjoy the nice food and nice view of the river~ i think this is a very attractive place to go and i hope Thailand people can keep this beautiful place forever :)

    looking forward for yr next favourite place~

    ReplyDelete
  3. waooo, it sounds good floating place where buyer and seller meet, it shows complete utilisation of resources, Thai people they determine to work whatever the resources.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If there is one thing I regret from the time I studied in Thailand, it would be that I never prioritise to visit the Floating Market! After reading your blog post this is now among one of the top ten things on my “to do” list next time I visit Thailand!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really miss Thailand and wanna go to floating market so much. It's one of an extraordinary trips in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's cool and unique.
    I can't find it in my country.
    Nice to know that. It's such a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rowan - http://prsketchings.prblogs.org

    Hi Ya,
    That looks amazing! What is the beach in the top picture? Is that in Thailand too? I went to Thailand a few years ago and loved it. You are very lucky to come from such a beautiful country!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this has brought the memories flooding back.

    Bartering at markets like this is great - I hope thailand preserves the traditional aspects of its culture for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Rowan,
    I'm glad to know that you've been to Thailand before, hope you enjoy and go back again. For the top picture ,it is a Phra-Nang beach,located in Krabi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so embrassing that I'd never been to floating market before even it's very close to Bangkok, where I'm living rightnow. After I read this blog, I really wanna go there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ya...
    this is so so cool.i wanna go there sometimes can u be my guide haha

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone
please leave some comment so i can know what your guys think..

Just choose >> comment as : "Anonymous"

Thank you!!